Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's Canadian Thanksgiving today and I feel like relating all the things I have to be thankful for in this crazy life I've had the pleasure of living. Since giving thanks, to me, is a very direct and personal exercise, I'm going to be a little more open than usual about specific people and events.

Is it self-indulging? Yeah. Does anyone care what I'm thankful for? Probably not. But we do live in the age of zero privacy, so what the heck...

October 11 2010

Thank you Creator being, for making this utterly wondrous experiment called existence, and occasionally looking over my shoulder and keeping me safe from my own idiocy.

Thanks Mom and Dad for bringing me here despite all good sense.

Thank you Kari/kira_generika/Bean, for being the centre of the sweetest relationship a dunderhead like me was lucky enough to stumble into. You've taught me that being in love need not be a chore and true love is about being happy doing nothing or everything together, as long as you're together. You're my new best friend and your smile is the most beautiful thing in the world.

Thank you JKL, for expanding my horizons in ways I never thought possible. I hope some day you learn as much as you teach.

Thank you Kelly for showing me a bunch of new tricks and letting me show you an old favourite known as skiing!

Thank you Vero/MsHelveticaB for every fun-filled minute we've spent together and for showing me that insecurity is a hurdle that can be overcome through will.

Thank you Julia for being my sounding board on all matters, especially each other!

Thank you Schliep for rescuing our Banff trip from the brink of disaster. Well, unpleasantess.

Thank you Siobhan and Einoch for being my best friends, even after 18 and 15 years, respectively.

Thank you all friends for enduring my silliness. Hail Satan!

Thank you Dominion Tavern for keeping me young.

Thank you Ottawa Public Library for allowing me to reconnect with Green Lantern and Wolverine for free and burn a crapton of tunes onto my computer that I may otherwise not even have noticed.

Thank you Blue Skies for showing me who I can be.

Thank you Food Network for the edible pr0n and making me realize that my future may be in food.


OK, that's about all I have for today.

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your feasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment